eChomutov - Manor house Klášterec nad Ohří
You are here: Tips for Trips > Manor house Klášterec nad Ohří

Manor house Klášterec nad Ohří

  • ACC-DETAIL-PLACE-TAB-DESC

  • ACC-DETAIL-PLACE-TAB-FOTO

  • ACC-DETAIL-PLACE-TAB-MAPA

Klášterec manor house was built on the promontory of the river Ohře at the foot of the Ore Mountains and it is one of the most important historical settlements in the northwest Bohemia. The first mentions date from 1514, when Volf Dětřich Fictum established a new family residence in the place of present manor house.

 

The biggest development of the manor house occurred under the reign of Oswald Michael Thun (1631-1694) who started a thorough reconstruction of the residence in the early Baroque style. In 1666 Italian architect Rossi de Lucca was entrusted with the rebuilding. The manor house received a four-wing layout and was surrounded by a newly created park with a sala terrena (a hall on the ground floor) and lateral arcade corridor.

 

The manor house is surrounded by a dendrologically very valuable English park covering the area of 10 hectares which dates back to the 20th and 70th of the 19th century and contains 220 sorts of trees from around the world.

 

In the manor house there is also the sala terrena decorated with sculptures by John Brokof from the 80th of the 17th century. In the northern part of the park there is the Calvary from the 90th years of the 17th century.

 

In Klášterec manor house there is installed a rare exhibition of porcelain from the collections of the Museum of Applied Art in Prague. The expositions in four halls on the ground floor of the south wing that come from the original Renaissance building from 1600 contain a brief overview of production of old Oriental and European porcelain. The decoration of the hall is complemented by a rich stucco decoration.

 

The entire first floor with its 21 rooms is devoted to development of old Bohemian porcelain production from its beginnings to the present.

In addition in this manor house you can see an exhibition of elves, fairies and spooks of the "Fairyland by Vítězslava Klimtová and Puppets of Charles Matthew Kopecký's family” which offers both children and adults an unforgettable experience in the company of fairytale characters.

 

Accessibility:

 

The international road I/13/E442 crosses the city of Klášterec nad Ohří . It is located halfway from Chomutov to Karlovy Vary at the border of Karlovy Vary and Ústí regions.

The nearest car park is in front of the manor park entry or in Dr. E. Beneš square (100 m), FREE

 

Manor house – navigation GPS: 50 ° 23'2 .71 "N, 13 ° 10'25 .06" E

 

By bus from Chomutov bus station platform No. 1 to Klášterec nad Ohří bus station and from there about 2 km walk, bus stop škola (school) and from there about 400 meters walk, bus stop Dr.E.Beneš square and from there about 200 meters walk. From the train station Chomutov to Klášterec nad Ohří station and from there about 2 km on foot.

 

The biggest development of the manor house occurred under the reign of Oswald Michael Thun (1631-1694) who started a thorough reconstruction of the residence in the early Baroque style. In 1666 Italian architect Rossi de Lucca was entrusted with the rebuilding. The manor house received a four-wing layout and was surrounded by a newly created park with a sala terrena (a hall on the ground floor) and lateral arcade corridor.

 The manor house is surrounded by a dendrologically very valuable English park covering the area of 10 hectares which dates back to the 20th and 70th of the 19th century and contains 220 sorts of trees from around the world.

 In the manor house there is also the sala terrena decorated with sculptures by John Brokof from the 80th of the 17th century. In the northern part of the park there is the Calvary from the 90th years of the 17th century.

 In Klášterec manor house there is installed a rare exhibition of porcelain from the collections of the Museum of Applied Artin Prague. The expositions in four halls on the ground floor of the south wing that come from the original Renaissance building from 1600 contain a brief overview of production of old Oriental and European porcelain. The decoration of the hall is complemented by a rich stucco decoration.

 The entire first floor with its 21 rooms is devoted to development of old Bohemian porcelain production from its beginnings to the present.

In addition in this manor house you can see an exhibition of elves, fairies and spooks of the "Fairyland by Vítězslava Klimtová and Puppets of Charles Matthew Kopecký's family” which offers both children and adults an unforgettable experience in the company of fairytale characters.

 Accessibility:

 The international road I/13/E442 crosses the city of Klášterec nad Ohří . It is located halfway from Chomutov to Karlovy Vary at the border of Karlovy Vary and Ústí regions.

The nearest car park is in front of the manor park entry or in Dr. E. Beneš square (100 m), FREE

 Manor house – navigation GPS: 50 ° 23'2 .71 "N, 13 ° 10'25 .06" E

 By bus from Chomutov bus station platform No. 1 to Klášterec nad Ohří bus station and from there about 2 km walk, bus stop škola (school) and from there about 400 meters walk, bus stop Dr.E.Beneš square and from there about 200 meters walk. From the train station Chomutov to Klášterec nad Ohří station and from there about 2 km on foot.

Opening hours:

 April-September Mon-Sun 9:00 am-5:00 pm

 October-March Tue-Sat 9:00 am - 3:00 pm

 (Sundays +Holidays only for groups booked in advance)

 The manor house is open all year round!

ACC-DETAIL-PLACE-FOTOGALLERY

DETAIL-LARGE-MAP

O Chomutově

Logo města Chomutova
Chomutov je ideálním místem pro trávení dovolené. Turistům nabízí adrenalin i odpočinek na Kamencovém jezeře, rodinám poznání v Podkrušnohorském zooparku, cyklistům a milovníkům in-line stezku Bezručovo údolím. Okolí Chomutova je plné památek a přírodních krás.

City information centre

znak ticU Městských mlýnů 5885
430 01  Chomutov

Call for free:

800 100 473

e-mail: infocentrum@chomutov-mesto.cz

NUTS2 Severozápad Evropská unie
Supported from the European Regional Development Fund
Regional Operational programme of North-West Cohesion Region
„Vision ends up being a dream“
www.europa.euwww.nuts2severozapad.cz